Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Update on the little one...

It is amazing how quickly time can slip away from you!  I just thought about my blogger friends and how I haven't checked in on them in forever and realized that I haven't updated my own blog in just as long!  I'd like to say I have some exciting excuse, but I really don't.

We are now currently 18 weeks and 6 days pregnant and my mind eases about this pregnancy a little more each time I hear that sweet baby's heart beat on our doppler.  Life has really sped by these past few months and I find myself trying to remember to slow down and enjoy this time.  The first trimester proved difficult for enjoyment.  Although I never actually vomited, I felt like I had a hangover for about 3 months and found it difficult to stomach some of the smells that I encounter at work on a daily basis.  All I really wanted to do was eat frozen things (popsicles, italian ice, snowballs, etc.) and watch Harry Potter movies all the time.  This, however, was not happening!  I'm taking a chemistry class and a math class in preparation for the next level of my nursing education and they've kept me pretty busy. 

We announced to the remainder of the family and to the world via Facebook at around 13 weeks and everyone was over the moon excited!  The reactions of our friends and family just prove how very blessed this baby is already. 

We've been seeing our OB for our monthly appointments, but that will probably be changing.  I had expressed concern in a previous blog about one doctor in the practice and I absolutely dread having him show up the day of delivery.  I made an appointment with a midwife practice that delivers on the campus of the hospital where we were planning to deliver.  We will see them on the 31st of March to discuss our options for switching our care to them for the remainder of pregnancy and delivery.  The doctor I'm not fond of at our OB office was attempting to push his agenda on me when we suffered our loss in October and I just don't want to be bullied into something the day of delivery with his fear mongering.  I'd like to try and deliver this baby naturally, but I like the proximity of the birth center to the hospital in case the need for a NICU or OR should arise.  

I still haven't felt the baby move yet...at least I don't think I have.   There have been some little feelings in that general vicinity that I hesitate to call movements or flutters because I really can't pinpoint them.  I'm a little thicker around the midsection and I hear that comes into play when determining fetal movement.  I long for that day when I can feel him/her moving and know throughout the day that this is real.  I cherish those few moments each day when I check the heart beat on the doppler because it's at those times that I know for certain there is a life inside me....a very active and seemingly athletic little life, but one that I can't feel just yet.  

We completed our registry already and my aunt has already begun shopping online for this little one.  We get several Baby Gap or Old Navy outfits weekly and she's determined to make this one well dressed little person!  

We have plans to get our anatomy scan done at 20 weeks and have the gender sealed up in an envelope for our moms to open.  They can then plan the shower accordingly and we will have a gender reveal at the shower.  It means we'll be purchasing some clothes and things in specific colors but that's fine with us.  We want to be surprised but prepared if that makes any sense.  And the suspense is already killing everyone around us that I'm half tempted to not find out the gender at all!  

To the upper left of the baby, DH swears he can see his face!  

This is the 13 week ultrasound photo that we used for our announcement.  The announcement itself had a little more to it but I can't seem to find the digital copy of it on my computer.  Did I mention we're packing to move...Lord knows where my flash drive is!  

I will make every effort to update on this little one a little more frequently as I hope to one day share this blog with him or her.  By the way.....we're leaning towards boy!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're almost halfway done already! And I think I can see a face too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that all is going well with your pregnancy! I have been checking your blog for an update for months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been checking for an update regularly - So glad to hear one! Can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy and little one!

    ReplyDelete