Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

2ww...

...is so much worse when you know that at the beginning of it you were definitely pregnant!  All the other 2wws were a bunch of wondering....did it work this month?  Did we time it right?  Should I have laid flat longer?  I keep wondering if I'm having symptoms and then I have to remind myself that I'm artificially supplying myself with all of the things that my body would normally produce during pregnancy so I don't know if it's the meds or perhaps a baby (or two!) has decided to stick around? 

My biggest complaint is heartburn/indigestion.  I mean is it really possible for grits to give you heartburn????  Well, they did.  And I feel nauseous a little off and on throughout the day, but again, maybe I'm psyching myself up about it or maybe it's just the meds.

I had my E2 labs drawn on Monday at my work (I work at a hospital).  They were supposed to be STAT....we just got the results yesterday!!!  The Core Lab got an ear full from me yesterday, let me tell you!  It seems like every time I come here for blood work, something gets messed up!  Anyway, my E2 level was at 925.  I got a call from the nurse last night who said that everything is right where it should be, to continue on with my meds as is and wait for pregnancy labs on Thursday.  Which I scheduled at Lapcorp, by the way.  I couldn't stand to have them mess those up!

After we realized there would be some delay in the results I started praying that my levels were okay to sustain this pregnancy.  Since we were supposed to know by Monday afternoon if any meds needed to be adjusted, I was super worried to be waiting until Thursday to find anything out.  Once again, the dear Lord was looking down on me and alleviated my worries.  He keeps showing up right when I need Him!!

I caved and took an HPT a few times and they all came back negative.  I thought they would but I have a bunch left over that expire soon so there's no harm in using them up, right?  ;)  This time next week we'll have the final verdict....really wish I could press fast forward!  My friend, Rachel, who I was blessed to meet through work directed me to a scripture passage that helped her through some difficult times recently.  "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you..." (2 Peter 3:9).  I've been trying to focus on the fact that a two week wait is like a blink for my God and all good things will come to those who wait for His will to be done. 

1 comment: