Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

Babies on board...

I was going to try to update from my phone but that's a lot harder than I thought i would be so I figured I'd wait until I was allowed out of bed to do some blogging.  Everything went wonderfully yesterday and I only cried twice! 

A while back, I had made the statement that coincidences are Gods way of remaining anonymous.  Well, there were several indications that His hand was all over this process yesterday.  As soon as we got there I was taken back for my massage and my masseuse's name was Todd.  Todd was what my parents were going to name me if I had been a boy.  While that wasn't one that brought me to tears I thought it was neat. 

After my massage was over they took me to the procedure room for my acupuncture.  The nurse got me situated and told me that Luke, my acupuncturist would be in in a minute.  That's when I cried.  The scripture verse that I've kept close to my heart through all of this is Luke 1:37 and I took this as good sign. 

Right after we had decided on our profile, I asked our nurse if it was okay to write a letter to the donor family as long as it remains anonymous.  She said that wouldn't be a problem so I e-mailed my nurse the letter yesterday morning.  When we got to the clinic and finally met this woman who had answered all four million questions I had, she told me that she was so excited to send them the letter because they had asked to be informed when their embryos were chosen. 

When I wrote the letter to the family I mentioned God and prayer as I usually would, but I wasn't sure how that would be received on their end.  I just wasn't sure what kind of people they were.  Could the biological parents of our child be non-believers?  All of my doubts were put to rest when my nurse brought in the response e-mail she had gotten from our donor family.  They said that they were typing through tears, that they had prayed for us and our family and were eternally grateful to us for giving their babies a chance at life.  Having this letter immediately put my mind at ease.  Knowing that they were faithful people and that our babies would have two more people praying for them along the way made me feel such relief.  Oh, and I cried again! 

DH came in with his little surgical hat and booties on and stayed with me through the transfer.  The embryologist came in and showed us pictures of our babies.  She graded one a 4AA and the other a 3BB.  She explained that the number indicates how far along they are in the hatching process and the letters grade the quality of the cells.  She said she was very optimistic about both, but of course the 4AA was her favorite.  We're praying they both stick around!

The procedure took all of about 15 minutes and then Luke came back in to do another round of acupuncture.  I kept those needles in for a half hour and then we were on our way.  I was told to stay flat on my back in bed for 24 hours.  That part was easier said than done!  We stopped at Panera Bread and DH ran in to get some carry out on the way back.  When we got back to the hotel I got into bed, ate and then napped the Valium off.  I have some sciatic nerve issues on my left side so staying flat was super painful.  When 11:00 this morning rolled around I was thrilled to get out of bed and get a shower! 

The Dr. gave me an order for E2 blood work on Monday and then I'll go for my first BETA on May 5th.  This is probably going to be the longest two week wait ever!  All the other waits were praying that I was pregnant.  This time around, I know I'm pregnant and I'm just praying to stay pregnant! 

I'm still praying that His will be done and for the strength to get through whatever that will may be.  I know I serve a gracious and merciful God who has a plan for our lives and I'm praying He makes that plan known. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything went so well! Praying the two week wait goes swiftly and smoothly and that you get to keep both your little ones for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you were able to not only send the donor couple a letter but received one in return. Praying for you as you endure the 2WW and for your little embies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to hear the results!!!! I love that you communicated with the donor - I never even considered that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that you have some beautiful babies growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - I'm so excited for you! I know I haven't been around the bloggy world much (been sicker than I ever imagined) - but I've still been praying for you, knowing your transfer was around Easter. I'm praying still - that your 2WW flies by and that these little embies stick around!

    ReplyDelete