Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Endometrial Biopsy...

So sorry I haven't checked in sooner...although, I'm not sure anyone keeps up with me that closely!  Anyway, vacation was wonderfully relaxing and allowed me to bond with some family members that we don't get to see as often as we'd like.  I started the Lupron injections while we were down there and my aunt, the RN, asked if she could do the first injection so she could be a part of this process!  How sweet! 

As far as side effects go, I definitely have a greater appreciation for menopausal women after starting the Lupron! Night sweats and hot flashes like you wouldn't believe! Other than that, I haven't noticed any other adverse effects which is good.

I had the endometrial biopsy, vaginal cultures (to check for STDs) and my annual PAP done when I got back on 3/30.  The Dr. had told me to take 800mg of Motrin before I came....I forgot!  I thought I had some in my purse...I was mistaken!  Going into this, I was thinking that it would be just like the other procedures I had done and that I would experience some cramping, but nothing unbearable.  While I wouldn't go so far as to say it was unbearable...it was certainly more uncomfortable than the previous tests!

I got a call from my GYNs office today and they informed me that my insurance company didn't have an authorization for all the testing that we've been doing.  Mind you, I have ONE more appointment for blood work and an ultrasound next week and that's the last thing that I need done before the transfer.  I'm not sure why this is just being addressed now, but I'm not thrilled in the least.  On top of that, the insurance company won't let me speak to anyone in care management about any of this because I'm not the doctors office!  Ugh!

On a completely unrelated topic, we had a women's retreat this past weekend with my church and I had an amazing time!!  I was able to form some new friendships and nurture some existing ones and most importantly spend time with the Lord and learning His word and what he expects of me as a Christian woman.  We truly are blessed to have found such a wonderful church family!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm checking in on you! ;)

    You are getting so close - wow!! My transfer was almost a year ago now...on 4/19/10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Less than 2 weeks!! I'll send Martina your love!

    ReplyDelete