Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PIO Injections...

...started on Saturday.  Mom came over to walk DH through the whole thing and he did fine.  It's so weird how they can be such tough guys until it comes to shooting their wife in the rear with a needle!  The first injection site wasn't sore at all, but the one we did last night hurt a little more today.  I think over the next few weeks we'll just have to find the right technique/position to decrease the ache.

I'm working the early shift tomorrow and as soon as I get off work we're heading to VA!!  I heard from the clinic today and I have to be there at 9:30 Thursday morning.  They'll do acupuncture, followed by a half hour massage, then I get to drink a ton of water to fill my bladder for the ultrasound guided transfer.  After the transfer, I have to lay there for a half hour and let gravity do it's thing.  The doctor told me that since I'll have a full bladder, she can insert a pediatric catheter to empty it for me.  I think that's the only part I'm not looking forward to.  I've never had a catheter to my knowledge and if I don't know about it then I must have been heavily sedated!  The Dr. said they'll do another round of acupuncture after the transfer and then it's back to the hotel to relax.  I'm kind of looking forward to the down time and as always, I love taking road trips with the hubby so that'll be fun too!

All prayers and well wishes are much appreciated!  I'll be taking my laptop down with me but more for the purposes of Netflix than updating the blog, but who knows!  The next time you hear from me I'll be PUPO!!!

3 comments:

  1. You don't have to do the catheter! I didn't. I was miserable for 30 minutes, but I was terrified of that catheter, haha!! You will get the hang of the PIO. Nathan hated doing it, too!! Prayers definitely coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt lucky that I didn't have to have a super full bladder for transfer since I have a retroverted uterus and they don't want it pushed back too far with a full bladder. A catheter doesn't sound too fun to me either!

    Praying everything goes smoothly for you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll just play it by ear and see how I feel. Of all the things I've been through and I'm afraid of a catheter! What a wuss!

    ReplyDelete